Instrument & Control Cable
Instrument & Control Cable (BS EN 50288-7)
- Copper/Tinned Copper Conductor (Class 1/Class 2/Class 5)
- PVC/XLPE/HDPE/SR Insulation
- Individual Screen (ISCR)/Overall Screen (OSCR)/Copper Braid Screen
- Lead Cover/ALPE
- Round Wire Armour/Double Tape Armour/Wire Braid Armour
- PVC/LSPVC/LSFOH/PE Outer Sheath
– Instrumentation Cables mostly operate at voltage levels of 24 to 110 v and/ or at 4-20 mA current rating. They are used to transmit and receive control system, analogue and digital signals to and from sensors and equipment. They are deployed across a wide range of industries, including power generation and distribution, and the petrochemical industry.
– Instrumentation cables are used in data processing and process control and are suitable for installations in open spaces and for underground laying. For digital signals and solenoids, overall screened type and for analogue signals between junction boxes and electrical room/control building, individual and overall screened type may be applied.
– The individual screening of the pairs guarantees high cross-talk attenuation.
– The overall screening of the pairs/cores protect it against outer electrostatic interference fields.
– Armoured types would be able to bear external mechanical forces.
– Lead sheathed types are designed to be used in any applications where the cables may be subjected to solvent penetration or corrosive attack or hydrocarbons.